Metroid: Fight For Love Metroid: Fight For Love

If someone could link me to a 3D animation on this website that was better than this, I'll be impressed. Sure there were some flaws in movement, some loops that looked a little less than natural, a weapon shot that lacked emphasis and impact, but that can be overlooked with the simple fact that everything else was absolutely perfect. The opening scene was so well done I thought it was at the level of any cinematic piece in today's Nintendo games. It had a level of cartoonish feel formed by the retro game and it's transitions it's made to today that fit in perfectly.

Parts like jumping were off, if only because there wasn't enough emphasis on the force it takes to lift off, as well as poor trajectory and movement that wasn't-so-fluid, but I've seen people make that mistake so many times, even in 2D animation. It's probably the hardest part of animation to learn, and 3D animation only makes it a trillion times more difficult. I doubt if I continued my animation instead of stopping all those years back I'd have even a fraction of the talent you contain.

Good luck on all your endeavors, you make us newgrounders proud to call you one of us. I wish you only improvement and fortune in your future.

What are the odds? What are the odds?

This was just outstanding. I've shared it to many friends already just as an inspirational video to wake up in the morning, and now use the facts provided. The animation itself is very well done, and its style is kept to perfectly. In every way this is a 10/10, 5/5, 40/3 animation. Awesome Job!

Sky Quest Sky Quest

It was generally a fun game, and I enjoyed the itemization and leveling, but it got pretty gross pretty fast...

I like a game with challenge, and I found this game tough up until... the second act? Before you get your first few items, it's tough, but after you beat 10 levels and use the crystals to just get a legendary/rare fire weapon or lightning weapon... you kind of just win. I used double fire up until I managed to just two crystal roll two lightning weapons. I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but suddenly I could just 1 hit everything. The shop consisted of over priced items at the state of my place in the game, while the crafting was based on my level and after just getting 100% on every stage on my first try and doing every stage because I don't like skipping past, I ended up waaaay ahead of what I should have been, and didn't have a challenge again until the boss of the thunder trial.

What's worse, I was really disappointed when I started up hard mode and found I still had all my items. I had the 3 slot ship from survival mode from my first play through and my double lightning weapons that were still 1-hitting everything. I think I killed death before he even fully made it onto the screen on both difficulties. I ended with double 999 heavy lightning and really never switched off of lightning the whole game. I didn't learn what the laser weapon was like until act 4 on hard mode when I just happened to get one better than my lightning weapon...

The game was only fun when it posed a challenge. I didn't really like being able to just sit doing nothing and still getting 100%. I literally moved myself to the middle of the far left edge and let my ship and lightning clear all the stages while I read on my phone and clicked about to move on past each stage. I wasn't even looking, but still getting 100%. There's an issue with the balancing when you can reach a state of near-invincibility that clears everything perfectly without looking, especially considering I didn't spend so much as a penny on this game's inApp.

Still, for the times that I wasn't in a broken state of strength, it was really fun and engaging. I liked that there was inApp but it wasn't even slightly needed. I never felt pressured to buy crystals, especially when I would just check the shop every so often and find I had another 14-38 crystals unused.

TL;DR
it still needs more balancing so that the game play is relevant at all stages of the game, but when you aren't 1-hitting everything it's really fun. Really looking forward to Just Beats & Shapes though :P It seems much more gameplay intensive and engaging at all times.

Shark Lifting Shark Lifting

So... Are we supposed to try and lift the shark for as long as possible before getting it over our heads? Cuz I just got 3rd place with horrid times like WhosCoffin said...

Phoenotopia Phoenotopia

I haven't beaten this yet, but I'm determined to beat it and do every tiny side quest, exhaust every dialogue, and figure out all the secrets!

This game is honestly so perfect... I haven't had this much fun since the time I played an English patched version of Cave Story years ago! Honestly, the soundtrack, the weapons and tools, the mechanics... My god even the puzzles are outstanding. Some of the puzzles were just extraordinarily creative and even made me have to think hard on how to solve them. The path the game has me following can get vague but I never get stuck not sure what to do for too long, and holy god the bosses! Fighting regular enemies can get tough, and each opponent requires different techniques to beat and get past, but the bosses truly are a cut above the rest! Every time I finish a fight I think "Holy crap that was hard. No way am I gonna fight something tougher." Just to end up struggling even more on the following boss, and the boss after it, and so on. It's incredible really! I've seen so many games succeed at some points while faltering at others, but it's been a long time since I've found such a gem as this. It has so many little side quests, tricks, dialogues, is so well planned out, the graphics are beautiful and exceed at all that they are, the game play is challenging but not overbearing, and is a matter of skill more than just beating away at a larger and larger health bar. The amount of code in this is something I can only admire and hope to one day surpass myself, and really the only buggy issue I had was not being able to roll while I was holding down and left or right. It became a bit tedious when I had to duck under the 2nd boss while running about, just to end up not rolling because I still had my finger on another arrow key.

All in all though, once you finish cleaning out all these little bugs I would sell it if I were you. This game is worth money and I'm surprised it's here for free. I'm thankful that I can play it now but if it ever does become a game you can buy on steam, I'd purchase it just to support you.

This game is a cut above the rest, and one that I'll continue to tell others about and remember as one of the best games I've ever played. To hell with 70 dollar PS4 games and crap like that, nothing beats a solid, cute, retro throw-back like this. Bravo.

Tristam & Braken - Flight Tristam & Braken - Flight

Isn't this just theft?

GD-pHeNiX responds:

yeah it's cuz i want use it in geometry dash

Boss of Nova Boss of Nova

Honestly the Pause Ahead soundtrack has been one of the best I've heard, and it's chiptune style reminds me of Cave Story. Even with all of them sounding so excellent, this one just brings about the greatest feelings and listening experience ever. Perfectly done, congrats!

Billtron209 responds:

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner.

You are the best person. Hands down.

Thanks so much!